BAPTISED AND SENT: CHRIST CHURCH ON MISSION IN THE WORLD
The launching of the Year of Mission 2019 coincides with the Feast of the Epiphany – 6th Jan 2019. It ends on 31st Dec 2019. In between, October 2019 is the Extraordinary Missionary Month.
Introducing the missionary dimensions in ordinary pastoral care through the ritual of a Mission Year Epiphany Star.
A. Each parishioner is to take one Star home from their BEC/Church at the launch of the Year of Mission (6th Jan 2019).
B. Each parishioner is to write on the back of the Star what he/she intends to do personally for the year to come in reference to the 4 dimensions preparation that Pope Francis indicates:
i. Encounter with Jesus
ii. Testimony of Mission
iii. Missionary Formation
iv. Missionary Charity
C. Each parishioner is to string and hang the Star at his/her door post like a door chime.
D. Every time the parishioner sees the Star, he/she is reminded to strive to realise what he/she has selected to do throughout the Missionary Year 2019.
E. Next Christmas, each parishioner is to bring back their Star and place it back at the manger, to signify that he/she has been a bright Star bringing someone to accept Jesus as his/her Saviour (by 31 Dec 2019).
- The star will be 7 inches in diameter, with a pinhole at the top most point/spike, in order to attach a string.
- At the centre of the star is the logo of the Year of Mission.
- On the front top most point/spike is image of Jesus Christ on the cross.
- The 4 remaining points/spikes highlights Pope Francis’ 4 dimensions preparation to be undertaken for the year (clockwise).
i. Encounter with Jesus (Blue)
ii. Testimony of Mission (Red)
iii. Missionary Formation (Yellow)
iv. Missionary Charity (Green)
- On the reverse side is the image of the same logo at the centre and the same colour code but at the top point/spike instead of the crucifix is the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Star of New Evangelization.
- Each point/spike on the reverse side contains empty space for the parishioners to indicate/write what corresponding activity he/she would like to engage in with reference to the 4 dimensions stated by Pope Francis (anti-clockwise).
i. Please indicate selected encounter with Jesus
ii. Please indicate selected testimony of mission
iii. Please indicate selected missionary formation
iv. Please indicate selected missionary charity